I hope that you have enjoyed this beautiful fall weekend and are refueled for our first full week of second grade. It has been absolutely wonderful getting to know the children and setting the community of our classroom. I can’t wait to watch them grow this year!
Here are a few things to keep in mind this week:
* Our first homework packet will be coming home on Monday to be returned the following Monday. Children are asked to do 15 minutes of reading each night, in addition to the math and/or word study homework. The math homework that will be sent home covers material or concepts that we have already learned and serve as practice/reinforcement for the children. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
* PICTURE DAY IS COMING UP…… Save the Date: September 17!
* On Wednesday September 12, second graders at Georgetown will be taking a district wide assessment that allows us to prepare and create appropriate instruction for our students.
* Look for daily updates regarding all of our fun learning adventures in math, reading, writing, social studies and science on the blog.
* We will begin our regular library and computer scheduled times within the next few weeks… YEAH!!!
Looking forward to a GREAT week!!!!!!!
Mrs. Kuieck 🙂