We have a very busy week ahead, filled with many fun activities and learning opportunities. Parents, I am so excited to meet with you at conferences this week and share all of the wonderful things that your child has been learning. Each of my second graders is very special and I consider it a blessing to work with them every day!
Here are a few things to be aware of this week:
* Report Cards will be coming home on Monday.
* Parent Teacher Conferences: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday P/T CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
* IT’S BOOK FAIR WEEK!!!!! Our class is scheduled to view the book fair on Tuesday, with a buy day on Thursday. The book fair is also open during conferences if you would like to shop there as well :).
* We will have a guest speaker on Wednesday, Officer Osbun & Zino from the Ottawa County Police K9 Department.
* Tomorrow is the start of our MINDFUL GIVING. Please consider donating $2.00 towards the SPARK foundation and donating 2 cans of food for our local community.
Here’s to a fabulous week!!!
I hope that you are enjoying this BEAUTIFUL day!!!!!! As we prepare for a new week ahead, here are some dates/activities that you may find useful:
* If you haven’t filled out the CONFERENCE survey from Mrs. Reagan, please do so as soon as possible. We will be scheduling conferences on Thursday and then sending home your child’s conference time :).
* The TURKEY TROT is TUESDAY!
* Fall/Halloween Party – Wednesday, October 31 from 12:45 – 1:45. MANY THANKS to the parents that are providing supplies for the party. Everyone is welcome to join us. The children should bring their costume along to school in a plastic bag. They will be able to change into them at 12:40 to prepare for our fun together. Please keep in mind that plastic weapons are not allowed at school. Also, we prefer to have the kiddos refrain from scary masks. Thanks for your understanding and your support!
Brrrr… hopefully everyone stayed warm this weekend and maybe snuggled up with a good book or two :). We have a short, fun filled week ahead. Here are some things to keep in mind….
* Valentine Party on Tuesday at 2:00. Thanks in advance to all the moms who are organizing!
* Social Studies EXCITEMENT!!!! Our kiddos are working on producing a product with their “business partners” to prepare for Market Day. All of the second grade classrooms will open up their stores for business and provide hands on experience with economics. Our Market Day will be on February 24 and we are so excited!
* No homework or spelling words this week (WOOHOOO!!!!), but there is a small reading challenge coming home today.
* No School on Thursday ( Records Day) and Friday ( Winter Break)…. ENJOY!!!!!
* Parent Teacher Conferences are quickly approaching. Please check your conference time below and let me know ASAP if you need to reschedule. I am looking forward to sharing with you all of the wonderful things your child has been doing at school.
parent teacher conference schedule
Have a great week!
During the week of November 1, we will be holding parent/teacher conferences district wide for elementary parents. We reserve a 15 minute slot to meet with parents of each child. To help us with the scheduling of nearly 600 conference time periods, we would like to ask that you let us know your day preference for these meetings.
Some helpful tips:
1. If you have more than one child at Georgetown, we will schedule all your conferences on one date. Therefore, you only need to complete this form ONCE. We will meet as a team to set up the conference and all teachers will have access to the list of preferred days for each family.
2. If you have a pre-kindergarten or kindergarten child, please note that the PK and K teachers have a slightly different schedule.
3. Once we have all information back, we will post the conference schedule on our blogs and alert you via email for your time period.
Please complete this conference form by October 15.
Thank you for you help in this very important task. I am looking forward meeting with you soon.